Ever need really creamy good mashed potatoes?? Recently, my partner got his wisdom teeth removed so he is restricted to a soft food diet. He needed something really filling and more nutritious than vegan ice cream! Even though they were meant for his temporary diet, we plan on using them for later dishes. Let’s get mashed…
- 8-11 yukon gold potatoes
- 6 minced garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp Earth Balance (I used the soy-free version)
- 2 cups vegan milk (I used cashew milk for extra creaminess)
- Boil the potatoes until they are soft. I found that this takes around 30 minutes or so, keep checking at the 25 minute mark by poking it with a fork. If they feel soft and mashable they are ready to be drained.
- While the potatoes are cooking, take a small pan with olive oil over low heat to fry your minced garlic. This will give a really good roasted garlic taste. Cook for around 4 minutes, stirring garlic often.
- After draining the potatoes, return them to your previous pot. Use a potato masher to mash them along with adding the fried garlic and Earth Balance. If you wish you could add more or less Earth Balance.
- Add the 2 cups of vegan milk gradually. This step will vary depending on the size and number of your potatoes. Stop when you notice your preferred consistency of creamy mashed potatoes is done before the 2 cups is finished. Otherwise add around 1/4 of a cup until you reach your consistency.
- Top with mushroom or miso gravy or something else if you’d like! Enjoy my veg friends!