I started eating loads of hummus when I realized I struggle eating raw veggies! Store bought hummus is just too much money for my pathetic student wallet to handle so I learned how to make my own. I think this is a great recipe because not only is it easy and cheap to make, but it’s very dynamic! After step 1, you could experiment with many different flavours and versions. I quite enjoy the zing of chipotle, but literally anything is possible!
- food professor (preferred) or blender
- 3 cups of cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup of tahini butter
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 2 chipotle peppers from a can of chipotle peppers
- 1 garlic clove
- salt to taste
- hot sauce (optional)
- Add the chickpeas, tahini butter, balsamic vinegar, and 1/4 cup of water into the food professor or blender and pulse the ingredients. If the hummus appears dry and crumbly, then add the rest of the water.
- Once you have a good consistency, add the chipotle peppers, hot sauce, garlic, and salt. Pulse until everything is mixed in.
- Pour into a container or serve right away. Enjoy!